CBSE Term 2 Exam is on the way, so you must practice some good MCQ questions of Class 10 Science to boost your preparation to score 95+% in Boards. In this post, you will get MCQ Questions of All Chapters which will come in CBSE Class 10 Science Term 2 Board Exams.
CBSE Term 2 board exam 2021-22 will be held in March 2021 within a period of 4-8 weeks. CBSE board exams 2022 tile table is expected to be announced shortly.
Class 10 Science Term 2 Syllabus
Unit I: Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour
- Carbon compounds: Covalent bonding in carbon compounds. Versatile nature of carbon. Homologous series. Nomenclature of carbon compounds containing functional groups (halogens, alcohol, ketones,
aldehydes, alkanes and alkynes), difference between saturated hydro carbons and unsaturated hydrocarbons. Chemical properties of carbon compounds (combustion, oxidation, addition and substitution reaction). Ethanol and Ethanoic acid (only properties and uses), soaps and detergents.
- Periodic classification of elements: Need for classification, early attempts at classification of elements (Dobereiner’s Triads, Newland’s Law of Octaves, Mendeleev’s Periodic Table), Modern periodic table, gradation in properties, valency, atomic number, metallic and non-metallic properties.
Unit II: World of Living
- Control and co-ordination in animals and plants: Tropic movements in plants; Introduction of plant hormones; Control and co-ordination in animals: Nervous system; Voluntary, involuntary and reflex action; Chemical co-ordination: animal hormones.
- Reproduction: Reproduction in animals and plants (asexual and sexual) reproductive health-need and methods offamily planning. Safe sex vs HIV/AIDS. Child bearing and women’s health.
- Heredity and Evolution: Heredity; Mendel’s contribution- Laws for inheritance of traits: Sex determination: brief introduction; Basic concepts of evolution.
Unit IV: Effects of Current
- Electricity: Electric current, potential difference and electric current. Ohm’s law; Resistance, Resistivity, Factors on which the resistance of a conductor depends. Series combination of resistors, parallel combination of resistors and its applications in daily life. Heating effect of electric current and its applications in daily life. Electric power, Interrelation between P, V, I and R.
- Magnetic effects of current : Magnetic field, field lines, field due to a current carrying conductor, field due to current carrying coil or solenoid; Force on current carrying conductor, Fleming’s Left Hand Rule, Electric Motor, Electromagnetic induction. Induced potential difference, Induced current. Fleming’s Right Hand Rule, Electric Generator, Direct current. Alternating current: frequency of AC. Advantage of AC over DC. Domestic electric circuits.
Unit V: Natural Resources
- Sources of energy: Different forms of energy, conventional and non-conventional sources of energy: Fossil fuels, solar energy; biogas; wind, water and tidal energy; Nuclear energy. Renewable versus non-renewable sources of Energy.
- Our environment: Eco-system, Environmental problems, Ozone depletion, waste production and their solutions. Biodegradable and non-biodegradable substances.
- Management of natural resources: Conservation and judicious use of natural resources. Forest and wild life; Coal and Petroleum conservation. Examples of people’s participation for conservation of natural resources. Big dams: advantages and limitations; alternatives, if any. Water harvesting. Sustainability of natural resources.
MCQ Questions on Class 10 Science Term 2
|Carbon compounds||Click Here|
|Periodic classification of elements||Click Here|
|Control and co-ordination||Click Here|
|Heredity and Evolution||Click Here|
|Magnetic effects of current||Click Here|
|Sources of energy||Click Here|
|Our environment||Click Here|
|Management of natural resources||Click Here|
The above MCQs for Class 10 Science will help you to boost your scores as multiple-choice questions have been coming in your examinations. These CBSE Class 10 ScienceMCQs have been developed by experienced teachers of studyrate.in for benefit of Class 10 students.
Books for Class 10 Science Term 2
Strictly as per the new term-wise syllabus for Board Examinations to be held in the academic session 2021-22 for class 10 Multiple Choice Questions based on new typologies introduced by the board- Stand- Alone MCQs, MCQs based on Assertion-Reason Case-based MCQs. Include Questions from CBSE official Question Bank released in April 2021 Answer key with Explanations What are the updates in the book: Strictly as per the Term wise syllabus for Board Examinations to be held in the academic session 2021-22. Chapter-wise -Topic-wise Multiple choice questions based on the special scheme of assessment for Board Examination for Class 10th.
For further information, Subscribe Our YouTube Channel, comment below about your queries.